Step aside, Starbucks. There’s a new recipe in town.
- 1 cup low fat milk, steamed
- 1 cup very strong coffee
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons caramel coffee syrup
- Whipped cream
- Caramel Sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- Prepare your coffee, while coffee is brewing prepare the other ingredients and get it going to save time. Saving time means less stress.
- In a pot, heat up one cup of milk until it is steaming. Froth the milk with a wire whisk or an immersion blender until it is nice and foamy. While whisking, take some deep breaths. Take 5 deep breaths, holding each breath for 5 seconds and exhaling from your nose. In through your mouth and out through your nose.
- In your coffee cup, mix together the prepared coffee, cocoa powder, sugar, and caramel coffee syrup until the sugar and cocoa powder are dissolved and there are no lumps. Pour the milk foam over the top of the coffee/mocha mixture and stir to incorporate. Top with whipped cream, a generous drizzle of caramel sauce, and your pinch of salt. Pour this into yourmost favorite coffee mug.
Now, grab a comfy, quiet spot in your home away from all distractions. No tv, phone, tablet. Just sit and be. Maybe read a book or meditate. Pure bliss.