Blending your Blended Family Better with Hawaiian Chicken Flatbread
Working together is the biggest challenge with blended families, make this pizza and work through that challenge.
Watch me demo this recipe on my Youtube Channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/ATasteofTherapy
Hawaiian Chicken Flatbread Recipe
- 1 pizza crust (homemade or store bought) I used Stonefield Naan
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce, or more depending how much you like. I like a good quality with a little kick
- 1 and 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked sliced seasoned chicken. I used Mangia TV Fish Rub to season my chicken, but if you don’t have that on hand. Season it up with salt, pepper, and little BBQ rub
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks (fresh is best!) Saute the pineapple until it has a good char on it.
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- Gather the WHOLE family in the kitchen together. Prepare the pizza dough as written in your recipe or open store bought package J including preheating the oven to temperature that is necessary. After this step is over, everyone agree to Accept the challenge. What challenge? The Blended Family Challenge. Each family member is important (no matter their age) and everyone needs to be on board for working together as a team. Everyone needs to actually say YES! I ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE before moving on to step two. As a unit you need to figure out how will handle money, discipline, childcare and any other issues that you haven’t mutually agreed upon yet. Come up with a plan. Each write down a problem you all are having on a piece of paper.
- Each family member will top the pizza with a topping. Starting with pizza sauce, then the mozzarella cheese, then the Canadian bacon, and pineapple. Sprinkle with bacon crumbles. Each member do 1 topping. This will symbolize coming together and working together as a united team. Once pizza is topped go back to your list and Come up with a plan for each problem listed on paper. Some sample problems may include:
- The role each parent will play in parenting each other’s children
- The division of labor concerning the kids.
- Expectations for the couple to do things without children.
- What kind of access grandparents and other extended family members.
- Long-term goals and financial planning.
- Working previous spouses into the mix
3. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned and the cheese is bubbling. Time will vary depending on what type of crust you are using. Remove from the oven. Slice pizza and serve immediately! Enjoy! While eating and enjoying establish ways in which you can Create a personal relationship with your stepchild(ren).
Make a commitment to developing a relationship with your stepchild that has nothing to do with your spouse right here and right now. Commit to what you are doing to do. You also need to stop thinking of your stepchild as “his kid” or “her kid.” You are now a pivotal person in that child’s life too regardless of who’s kid it is.
- What you’ll do
- How often
- When it will begin.
Happy cooking! Enjoy!