This year your Holiday Baking Will RELAX you! This will come as no surprise. Everyone knows that you can get lost in the repetitive motion of rolling out dough, measuring ingredients, and taking the holiday smells in your kitchen. Holiday baking could be really good for your mental health.
In December, it’s even more important to practice cooking as therapy. Most people will experience more depression and anxiety over the Holidays. So use this recipe below as a way to lessen that!
A Few tips on how to relax while baking:
- Close your eyes while stirring in ingredients
- Take deep breaths while mixing and at each step of the recipe
- Take in all those delicious smells
- Take your time and cook alone if possible. Enjoy some quality you time while baking!
Baking is fun and relaxing, bake this festive Eggnog Pound Cake and enjoy your Holidays this year! What is your favorite holiday recipe to bake this time of year?
Here is one of mine, this super sweet bread is yummy and perfect paired with a hot cup of coffee. If you aren’t a fan of the flavor of eggnog you can always use plain milk.
Eggnog Pound Cake with Eggnog Glaze:
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups eggnog
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease bottom only of a 9×5-inch loaf pan, or three 3×5-inch loaf pans with butter.
- Cream butter with oil and then blend the eggs, eggnog, extracts, and sugar.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, pudding, salt and nutmeg. Add to eggnog mixture and stir just enough to moisten; pour into prepared pan or pans.
- Bake large loaf for 40 to 60 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Breads baked in the smaller pans require 35 to 40 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes, and remove from pan. Cool completely, wrap tightly in plastic wrap or foil, and store in refrigerator.
If you would like to add a glaze:
Eggnog Glaze Ingredients:
- 2 cups confectioners sugar,
- 2 Tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 Tablespoons plus 3 teaspoons eggnog
In medium bowl mix all glaze ingredients except eggnog.
Add in 3T (or more) eggnog until glaze reaches desired consistency.
With butter knife apply over completely cooled loaf.