When it comes to body image we all struggle with having a healthy one. But I truly believe that loving how you look and accepting what you can and cannot change with your body is key to loving YOU. Stop feeling ashamed, self-conscious, or anxious about your body and learn how to fall in love with it. It takes time, patience, and the recipe I’ve given you below. Make my Body Butter Recipe and follow the steps in order to build a better body image!
Homemade Body Butter Recipe:
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil(approximately 1⁄3 cup)
- 1/3 cup Shea Butter(approximately 1⁄3 cup)
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Butter(approximately 1⁄3 cup)
- 1⁄3 Cup Jojoba Oil or Almond Oil
- 15-30 drops scented oils (optional. I like peppermint, lavender, or lemon. But again, you can leave this out if you are not into scents.)
- In a double boiler or glass bowl, combine all ingredients except scented oils. Say to yourself during this step that you will stop comparing yourself to others- all bodies are different and you will tune out the media. When you begin to feel like you are spiraling down, turn off the tv or get off social media so that you can remind yourself that all bodies are different and all bodies are beautiful.
- Bring to medium heat and stir constantly until all ingredients are melted. During this step focus on what you have the power to change when it comes to your body. Say to yourself what you will do in order to change your negative view of your body.
3. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. During this step I want you to think about what clothes you currently own that make you feel the most beautiful. What is it about them? The style? Fabric? Color? Feeling good about you means you understand how to dress for your body type and what makes you feel good about YOU. Make a mental inventory of what you like the most and make plans to buy more of those kinds of clothes.
- Move to fridge and let cool another 1 hour or until starting to harden but still somewhat soft. During this step decide what kinds of self-care routines you’ll be incorporating into your life? What kinds of products make you feel most beautiful? What kinds of beauty routines do you like? Manicures? Massages? Work these into your life more frequently than you are now.
- Use a hand mixer to whip for 10 minutes until fluffy. Add oils and whip for another minute. During this step decide who your support system will be. Who can you turn to when you are feeling down and need some support, guidance, and help? Write down their names if that will help you to remember that you are not alone and that you do have support! Store this in a glass jar with a lid until you are ready to use. This will last forever and makes great gifts!