Don’t waste money going to the store to buy something prepared the next time you are asked to bring something to a party, make your own dip for under $10 and yours be the star of the party! Pair this dip baked broccoli and parmesan dip with crackers or with a sliced crusty baguette.
I always like to make homemade dips when going to parties because they always taste better. And don’t let anyone fool you, it’s easy to make your own. It just takes a little bit of time. Plus, they are so much less expensive. This dip is great not only for parties but also if you are hosting a dinner party or gathering. But be prepared, everyone will want the recipe!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 8 ounces room temperature cream cheese
- 2 1/2 cups boiled fresh broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning (or a combo of paprika, salt, oregano, garlic powder, and onion powder to equal 1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 garlic clove smashed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Generously butter a 9-inch baking dish.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add breadcrumbs and cook, stirring, until browned and toasted, about 3 minutes; set aside. Do not burn, cook on low heat until golden brown.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, cooked broccoli, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, sour cream, Parmesan, milk, creole seasoning, garlic powder, smashed garlic, salt, pepper, and onion powder
- Spread broccoli mixture into the prepared baking dish; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheddar cheese to top.
- Place into oven and bake until bubbly, about 20-25 minutes.
- Serve immediately, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and serve with a freshly sliced baguette or crackers.